Public School Financial Transparency Act
Colorado Revised Statutes, 22-44-304
(Commencing July 1, 2018)
North Star Academy operates utilizing a fiscal year beginning July 1st and ending June 30 of the following year. The Treasurer of the NSA Board of Directors and NSA’s CFO and Business Manager complete and ensure accurate financial records and books of account for the school in accordance with the Douglas County School District policies. NSA posts all of its relevant financial information on this website.
The BOD Treasurer also interacts with the NSA Finance Committee, which performs oversight of the NSA financial data and records, assists with final budgets and helps provide up-to-date budget information to the BOD on a monthly basis. The Treasurer, NSA’s CFO and Business Manager work together in overseeing the annual audit. The Finance Committee member’s bios can be found here.
The NSA Foundation is a separate body that helps NSA with school fundraising efforts. This includes the Annual Fall Fun Run and Annual Spring Auction.
- NSA Adopted Budget-Including Uniform Budget Summary (current and prior two years)
- NSA Financial Audit (current and prior two years)
- NSA Salary Schedules or Policies
- List of Waivers Received by NSA
- Standardized Description and Rationale for Each Automatic Waiver
- Federal Form 990, 990-EZ, or 990-PF and any associated schedules
- Other NSA Specific Financial Information: Quarterly Unaudited Financial Statements
- Link to Authorizing School District’s Financial Transparency Webpage
- Link to Public Financial Transparency Website View: https://coloradok12financialtransparency.com
Disclaimer: Please consider the context when evaluating financial transactions. Some transactions may appear improper on the surface but are perfectly normal and justifiable when placed in the proper context. We welcome your questions regarding our financial transactions or records.
Heidi Thompson, CFO
Angie Cape, Business Director
Kendra Hossfeld, Principal
North Star Academy
16700 Keystone Blvd
Parker, CO 80134
Phone: 720-851-7827; Fax: 720-851-0976
Douglas County School District RE-1
620 Wilcox St
Castle Rock, CO 80104
Required Link: Colorado Department of Education – School Finance Division
North Star Academy Charter School Contract
Financial Transparency - Related Links: