Choosing a school for your child is one of the most impactful decisions that a parent will make during their lifetime. The schooling your child receives in elementary and middle school will form the foundation for becoming a lifelong learner.
In this age of school choice, parents have many options. These include neighborhood schools, private schools, home schools, online schools as well as public charter schools like North Star Academy.
At North Star Academy, you can expect the following:
- A culture that is safe and nurturing
- A leadership team that is supportive of a quality education
- A community that is engaged and connected
- Traditions that foster healthy interactions
- Licensed and highly-qualified teachers dedicated to the education of the students.
- A well-defined curriculum using the Core Knowledge sequence taught in a structured, and sequential fashion.
- Saxon Math taught one grade level ahead of age level (i.e. Kindergarten students take 1st grade math).
- Daily content-related Spanish instruction beginning in Kindergarten.
- A character education program that integrates meaningful and relevant community service projects
- Technology in every classroom.
- An opportunity to experience art, music and physical education.
- Uniforms that distinguish NSA students and give them a sense of pride.
- Discipline that reinforces our NSA Code of Conduct.
If this sounds like a good fit for your child, we encourage you to browse through our website for additional information.
We look forward to welcoming your family to North Star Academy!