To ensure the safety of our students NSA relies on ALL families to help with Traffic Duty. At NSA, each family volunteers a minimum of six (6) shifts per academic year (either AM, PM or a combination) during the month(s) their child’s grade level is required to participate (e.g. middle school families volunteer in August, September, & October). Traffic Duty DOES apply toward Volunteer Hours. For additional information on Traffic Duty, please access our Volunteer Handbook.
- 6 required shifts per family per school year.
- All NSA families participate in Traffic Duty for a minimum of 6 shifts per school year per family.
- Traffic volunteer months are assigned based on GRADE LEVEL (we start with middle school and move through grades to Kindergarten).
- Shifts can be morning, afternoon, or a combination of both.
- Volunteer hour credits earned for each shift worked as follows:
- Morning Shift – 1 hour volunteer credit
- Afternoon Shift – 2 hour volunteer credit
- Kindie Shift – 1/2 hour volunteer credit
In the event that you are unable to fulfill your scheduled shift it is your responsibility to find a replacement from the substitution list posted on the NSA website, via the Swap Feature in SignUp, or via NSA Parents on Facebook. If you are not able to find a replacement we ask that you notify the Traffic AVC as soon as possible.
Please note: Traffic Duty is NOT listed as an Interest in VMS (something you sign up to participate in) since ALL families are required to participate. Traffic Duty hours are logged in VMS weekly by our Traffic AVC, based on the Traffic Duty Log-in book located in the Staff Lounge. You MUST sign-in at the start of each Traffic shift. PLEASE DO NOT LOG YOUR OWN TRAFFIC HOURS.
If you enjoy Traffic Duty and would like to work additional shifts above and beyond your six (6) shifts, sign up to be a Traffic Duty Substitute by selecting ‘Traffic Duty Substitute’ as an ‘Interest’ in VMS. We ask that you do NOT randomly show up for Traffic Duty or sign yourself up to work via the Traffic Duty sign in sheet. You must be contacted by or speak to a Traffic AVC to be scheduled for Traffic Duty. Contact email@example.com with questions.