We’d like to say “Thank you” to all of our families for another great school year! For those families that will be moving on we wish you the best of luck and much success. For those of you that will be returning in August we will look forward to seeing you then. In the meantime may you all have a wonderful summer break! Enjoy!
From the entire staff at NSA
Reminder – Way to Go – Schoolpool
North Star Academy (NSA) is pleased to continue our partnership with Schoolpool to assist parents that are interested in carpooling, walking, biking or riding the bus to and from school with other families. Schoolpool is sponsored by Way to Go, a program of the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG). This program has helped many NSA families meet other NSA families for carpool needs. The information given is only shared with NSA families. Please (Click here) for more information. Please reply by June 2nd!
If you do NOT wish to participate in the carpool program then please click on the link below:
(Please reply only if you wish to “Opt-out” of participation in Way to Go’s Schoolpool program, otherwise you will automatically be placed on the list.)
Please contact Carla Smith in the front office if you have any questions at: email@example.com
School Supply Kits for 2017/18
EduKit school supply boxes are now available to purchase for the 2017-18 school year! Each kit contains exactly what your child’s teacher needs for next year. Simply go online to order your child’s kit today! Please (click here) to go directly to our order form.
Order by July 17th to insure your child’s kit will be in the classroom at Meet and Greet August 10th. Shipping is FREE and there is no fee for late orders. A confirmation will be emailed to you after your order has been placed. If you should have any questions please email Carla Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Volleyball Camps
Monday, June 26 – Friday, June 30th! Volleyball Camps with Mr. C!
For Next Year’s 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th grade students please (click here) for information and form.
For This Year’s 5th , 6th, and 7th grade students please (click here) for information and form.
Summer Spanish Camps
This program is designed to challenge students academically and creatively through discovery/exploratory learning and language concentration. The program will help to prevent the slide that can often occur during the summer break and help incoming students with basic language acquisition. Classes are being offered in June and July. For more information please (click here) for flyer!
NSA Yearbooks are still available. The cost is $28.00 payable in CASH ONLY. Please contact the front office at 720-851-7827 to make arrangements to pick one up before June 9th. Thank you!
Please be sure to update your address by emailing our Registrar, Michelle Snyder, at email@example.com prior to July 31st for your address to be correct on your Meet & Greet Postcards. Be sure to include a copy of Proof of Residency such as Warranty Deed, Tax Notice, or Lease Agreement. If you should have any questions please email Michelle.
Free Math Tutoring
Stewart Financial Services is offering FREE math tutoring this summer for all grade levels and adult sessions. Please (click here) to see their flyer.
This business is not endorsed or sponsored by North Star Academy
ONE NIGHT ONLY!
We will be hosting our annual Used Uniform sale on Thursday, June 15th from 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM in the NSA Cafeteria.
If you are DONATING ALL PROCEEDS to NSA, you do NOT have to complete the Consignor Agreement nor do you have to enter your items into the Consignor System! Simply prepare your clothing for the Used Uniform Sale (see the Used Uniform Sale Guidelines document), and drop them off at the Front Office. You can drop off clothing anytime between now and the end of school. [Please note: This drop-off is ONLY for those DONATING ALL PROCEEDS TO NSA!!!!]
If you are SELLING (KEEPING PROCEEDS) CLOTHING DROP-OFF is Wednesday, June 14th from 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM – ONE NIGHT ONLY!
All the information necessary for DONATING ALL PROCEEDS and SELLING (KEEPING PROCEEDS) can be found on the NSA website. Please CLICK HERE to access our Consignor System and the necessary Uniform Sale Documentation. Note: If you are SELLING, you will need to setup an account in our Consignor System (if you don’t already have one) to LOG AND TAG your clothing.
- If you are DONATING ALL PROCEEDS to NSA, you can drop off clean, bagged clothing in the Front Office anytime between NOW and the end of school.
- If you are SELLING (KEEPING PROCEEDS), you can DROP OFF your clean, TAGGED, bagged clothing AND Consignor Agreement on Wednesday, June 14th from 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM – ONE NIGHT ONLY!
- The SALE is ONE NIGHT ONLY from 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM on Thursday, June 15th.
- Please review the 2017 PRICE LIST carefully as only clothing from a vendor with a specific school Uniform line and approved in the NSA Uniform Policy will be accepted. This includes correct logo’ing. In addition, if the item shows ‘n/a’ for a specific vendor, we will NOT accept this item from a non-approved vendor for the sale. As an example, we will only accept ‘maize’ polo shirts from Lands’ End, Royal Blue MS Polo’s from Educational Outfitters, and items such as polo shirts with ruffles are not approved and will NOT be accepted in the sale.
- INDIVIDUAL PROCEEDS AND UNSOLD ITEMS will be available to pick up at NSA on Monday, June 19th from 6:00 PM – 6:30 PM. Any proceeds and items not picked up during this time will be available for pick up during the Meet and Greet in August. We ask that you make every attempt to pick up your proceeds and items during this window so we don’t have to store your items over the summer.
- Back by popular demand…CLEARANCE TABLE! All name brand items (Lands’ End, Educational Outfitters, Gap, etc.) $2.00. All off brand items (George, French Toast, etc.) $1.00.
Please contact Melanie Hora at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
This is a CASH ONLY Sale!!!
The LAST day to enter hours in VMS for the 2016 – 2017 school year is Friday, June 23rd . As a reminder, any hours earned beginning June 1st will count towards the upcoming school year (i.e. King Soopers RELOADS).
- VMS will be ‘SHUT DOWN’ Saturday, June 24th for maintenance and system updates. Beginning June 24th, you will be moved to a ‘Pending Volunteer’ status. You will be able to access / update your profile information, but you will NOT be able to log any volunteer hours. Note: You will be able to view your total 2016 – 2017 school year volunteer hours until we roll the system over into our new school year on July 1st.
- In August, you will be able to begin logging volunteer hours once we receive ALL 2017 – 2018 school year registration forms (which are turned in at Meet & Greet). Once your registration forms are received, you will be moved from ‘Pending Volunteer’ to ‘Active Volunteer’.
- During VMS System Maintenance the following tasks will be performed:
o Run various reports and compile statistical volunteer information for the BOD and Principal
o Inactivate all NSA families that will not be attending NSA during the upcoming school year
o Move ALL volunteers from ACTIVE to PENDING
o Clear out ALL Volunteer Hours from system
o Update / Add New Interests and Events
o Add new NSA families
Please contact Dawn D’Amato at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
THANK YOU TO LITERARY MEMOIR VOLUNTEERS
We’d like to say a special ‘THANK YOU’ to our fabulous Literary Memoir volunteers that spent countless hours gathering, photographing, laying out, organizing, etc. The Literary Memoir would not be possible without the hard work and dedication of the following volunteers: Jessi Albers, Dawn Moore, Ginger Wick, Jennifer Ferber, and Melanie Hora. Thank you ladies for working on this ALL year long!
In addition, we’d like to thank Ginger Wick for putting together the 8th Grade Graduation slide show. It was a terrific way to honor our wonderful 8th graders and was a beautiful way to provide them with 8th Grade memories.
THANK YOU VOLUNTEER AVC’s (Area Volunteer Coordinators)
I would like to extend a heartfelt THANK YOU to our Area Volunteer Coordinators (AVC) who make my job easier and make our Volunteer Program run so smoothly. Thank you for all you do for NSA and for me! Our AVCs are: Kelley Beskur, Lori Wood, Melissa Larson, Ginger Peterson, Rosalyn Roach, Dee Dee Griffin, Melanie Hora, Jen Byrd, Sara Kellogg. Thank you Team! -Dawn D’Amato
THANK YOU TRAFFIC SUPERVISORS
We can’t thank our wonderful Traffic Supervisors who help keep traffic moving and students safe ALL YEAR LONG in scorching sun, rain, wind, hail and snow! Thank you for all your hard work! AM – Janelle Doud, Jim Carroll, Kim Carroll, Jeff Larson, Rebecca Amat-y-Leon, Graham Glauser, Janet Gipson, Marcus Gipson, Trey Hall. PM – Ben Dwinell, Jason Plasters, Corrie Ann Gatlin, Eric Johnson, Jose Cadena, Jeff Milius, Shana Perry, Andrew Mitchell.
THANKS TO ALL OUR WONDERFUL VOLUNTEERS! NSA IS A MUCH BETTER SCHOOL, A SCHOOL OF CHARACTER, BECAUSE OF YOUR DEDICATION, COMMITMENT, AND SERVICE TO THE NSA COMMUNITY! HATS OFF TO ALL OF YOU THAT WORK TIRELESSLY YEAR ROUND ON BEHALF OF NSA AND ITS STUDENTS!
WE ARE TRULY GRATEFUL!
Just a reminder to all our King Soopers shoppers, please continue to RELOAD your KS Reward Card over the summer. Beginning June 1st, your RELOADS will count towards the 2017 – 2018 school year!! YAY!! Please remember that the volunteer hours earned from RELOADS beginning June 1st will NOT be logged until VMS reopens in the Fall. If you have any questions about this program, please contact Rosalyn Roach at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a reminder, we have made the decision to discontinue the Safeway Community Giving Card Program. We have very few NSA Families participating in this program and it has netted us very few funds over the past 2 years we’ve participated in this program; less than $600 / year. These funds in comparison to the amount of work involved in running the program caused us to reach this decision. We appreciate all the families that have participated in this program and supported NSA in this very important way. We hope you will consider joining our King Soopers Reward Card program to earn volunteer hours and fundraise for NSA.