Choosing a school for your child is one of the most impactful decisions that a parent will make during their lifetime. The schooling your child receives in elementary and middle school will form the foundation for becoming a lifelong learner.
In this age of school choice, parents have many options. These include neighborhood schools, private schools, home schools, online schools as well as public charter schools like North Star Academy.
At North Star Academy, you can expect the following:
- A culture that is inviting and supportive of a quality education by parents, staff and students.
- Licensed and highly-qualified teachers dedicated to the education of the students.
- A well-defined Core Knowledge curriculum taught in a structured, sequential fashion.
- Saxon Math taught one grade level ahead of age level (i.e. Kindergarten students take 1st grade math).
- Daily Spanish instruction beginning in Kindergarten.
- A character education program that integrates meaningful and relevant community service projects.
- A school leadership team.
- Technology in every classroom.
- An opportunity to experience art, music and physical education.
- Uniforms that distinguish NSA students and give them a sense of pride.
- Discipline that reinforces our NSA Code of Conduct.
If this sounds like a good fit for your child, we encourage you to browse through our website for additional information. Teachers update their pages weekly and administration holds monthly tours of the school.
We look forward to welcoming your family to North Star Academy!